Saturday 21 January 2012

Having been pretty lax lately with my blog and my crafting i have decided to get going again..i put it down to the post christmas crafting bug...i think that after all the rush to get things finished at the last minute kinda puts you in a loll and so i have began this years crafting with gusto...

As i didnt have anything specific to do I thought it would be fun to make something with this weeks free file from silhouette and i am challenging myself to stop being lethargic about these files and embrace them and make something everyweek with the free one and see where my imagination takes me...which could be someplace weird knowing me...but heres this weeks offering.....



I thought of valentines as its just around the corner and found some bright card 220gsm and came up with this as i couldnt find my rhinestones!!! yes i have hundreds of them but as per when you want them they hide so i had a chunky glitter that i dont use much and put that in the middle to give some bling!! I rather liked the strong colours and had over half a sheet left so i decided to use it now or it will go in my stash and not see the light of day for ages so this is what i then came up with




I cut 3 hearts from the 50 free files that come with the sil software and another love out of ballonist font and was looking for a suitable backing paper to tone it all together when i opened the truffles hubby had given me for our anniversary and voila the wrapper became my backing i think it works well!! Then to go with the frugal crafting i made the rolled rose out of a sheet of instructions that i no longer needed and blended it with some Tim Holz antique rose ink....and again the chunky glitter...so thats it for today
Happy crafting love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment