Monday 20 February 2012

mums birthday card

I have been struggling on this card as i wanted it to be special but i know mum hates fussy cards and she loathes glitter...so that was a challenge in itself...then i found the cute cmpanions range from crafters companion and loved the stamps...problem solved almost...what colours to do it in?? What papers to use?

I did several stamped impressions and using my promarkers did several colourways and looked at the papers in the cute companions range....this is the first one i came up with:


I cut the card with a file from the sil store it was called cirular frame card but i omitted the frame as i thought the design lent itself to a circular card. The background papers both came from the cute companions range and were cut using my spellbinderswith my bigshot.



The mouse was coloured using promarkers...i used cinnamon for the fur and aqua blue for the dress with blue for the shading. The poppy was a file from the sil store and cut on card from the papermilldirect.co.uk

I wasnt totally convinced of this one and tried another colour variation this time in shades of purples            



The  promarkers used in this case was dusky pink and lilac. The papers again was from the cute companions range and i also again used my spellbinders..
.all made the same except for the colours..i still wasnt convinced this was THE card so i tried it in yet another colour way...

No comments:

Post a Comment