Monday 13 February 2012

valentines card

Its feb 13th and at 12.15pm today my son asked could i make him a card for his girlfriend for tomorrow!!! So as usual when you have a last minute card to make you just cant seem to get inspiration so i looked at files on my computer and came across an interesting one in jpeg format that i had downloaded from Richard A. Bond (simply crafts) 2011 that i had forgotten about..so having my starting point heres the card:...

It is a french circa 1840s trifold panel and lends itself to a trifold card beautifully. I used a silk red ribbon to tie it together. I didnt think the outside needed anything else doing to it. Inside i lined 2 of the panels with mirra board and layered that with a pretty rosebud paper from Pink Petticoat....


The hearts are lattice hearts from sil store...i then sketched a poem from Purple Ronnie and placed that in the middle panel....


I only had a couple of hours to make this card but i think it turned out reasonable and I hope she likes it!! Thank you for looking love debby xx

1 comment: