Sunday 26 February 2012

vinyl

I did some vinyl this weekend as well as cards and my quilled bird that was already posted....

I wanted to do something for my sister, as i never see her as she lives quite aways away from me and so we maybe talk and see eachother for a couple of hours when i get to my mums...so not alot lol  i wanted to make her something other than a card as her daughter makes her own cards and so for me to send her one wouldnt hold the same meaning..so this is what i came up with....

I had a frame 7x5 and so i then had my measuements to work too...i cut a piece of white card to fit inside the frame for a background..i had the angel already downloaded from the silhouette store i used it several times on christmas items and like the way it cuts...i looked around for some phrases and chose this one from the Sil store for 99c about 69p!! I think it may prove to be quite useful in cards as well as vinyl art...

Once i had decided that i wanted to use these 2 files i had to look through my stash of vinyl to choose colours...i find that dark vinyl goes well on a light vinyl and chose contrasting colours...the light one is a pale butter yellow and the writting was a deep purple....

I firstly placed the angel using my transfer tape and then i layered on the writing..i will admit the writting was very fiddly even with the transfer tape and caused me some swearing but hey a little patience and a pokey tool and it was done xx love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment