Thursday 8 March 2012

My homemade roses

I spent most of yesterday making these few flowers, Im sure others can make them in minutes but with my arms and their limited use i had to keep stopping and resting them and found this quite a task..although it was a fairly simple way to make roses and im pleased with the results even if they are not the best hand made roses ever...but hey I did it I made them myself....



I chose on this occasion to make different colours to experiment and see which colours i prefered...and i must admit out of all of them i like the yellow one..which kind of surprised me as i thought i would like the red one best so it goes to show that you should always experiment with different colours...

I think the yellow one really pops out and looks the most realistic one of all..i followed the instructions of the tutorial (i will post a link at the end of this post) and sprayed the flowers with glimmer mist i used pearlessence but infact i prefered the roses without it so next time i wont be adding the glimmer mist....


I cut  heart shaped petals on my babes along with a tiny circle at their bases, i needed 6 x 2 1/4" 5 x2" 4x1 3/4" and 3x1 1/2" and a brad with long enough prongs to fit them all onto, and i must say they were easy like the tutorial promised and i think for a first attempt i didnt do too badly but like i said i followed the tutorial to the latter..if i had to do this on my own then it would have been a very different story lol :)  Now i just have to get myself in gear and actually do something with these...

You can find the tutorial here:..http://www.scrap-a-little.com/2009/09/flower-tutorial-summary.html

There are several flower tutorials and you have to scroll down to almost the bottom of the page to find the rose tutorial...have a look at all her flower tutorials they are good fun and remember to thank Helen for allowing us to view and use her tuts

Thank you for stopping by today
love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment