Saturday 5 May 2012

2 wedding cards

My daughters friend Sarah Jayne is getting married next Sunday...so NJ asked me to make a card for her to  give to the couple for their wedding...so I looked at the files that i had and came up with this one...

 I cut some card for the background and embossed my heart folder on the big shot onto it...to make the hearts pop out a little i then used my antique rose distress ink and very lightly distressed it....I then stuck this to my card blank with a glue roller....
I then found this lovely silver ribbon amongst my stash of ribbons and cut a lenght to fit the card...I cut a fancy label from the silhouette store and added text. I used the text adore....I used my silhouette and a silver gel pen to sketch the text...i then sent the label to print...and silly me forgot to remove the text before i sent to cut so the silhouette also cut my text, but as it was so slim a text it only looked like some of it was cut...underterred and determined not to waste my paper instead of starting that file again i cut some gold paper and put that behind the text...

i think it now looks like that was how it was meant to be...The label came in 4 layers the top one being very thin lines but was easy to put together. I then cut some flowers from the silhouette store designed by Lori Whitlock. I cut them in the same white card and again used the antique rose distress ink to lightly distress them....


The brads were from hobby craft and i bought them about 2 years ago!! I just knew id need them one day...


Having finished this card my darling daughters friend Carly really liked it and wanted a card made for her to give to the couple..so i made this one for carly


I took a basic pink card blank and added a pink glittered ribbon..I cut a layered lattice heart on my silhouette and used my old photo distressed ink on it because i didnt want a bright white heart as it wouldnt have worked with the white flowers...the flowers weere again the Lori Whitlock ones from the silhouette store only this time i resized them and made them slightly bigger..once again i used antique rose distress ink lightly on them...I found 4 brads in my stash that were white with pink dots on them and used them on the flowers...


I then got out my bigshot and cut and embossed 2 butterflies. The dies were from the Marianne range. I layered the butterflies and stuck the top one on with foam pads to give it dimension. I had some faux string pearls and placed that under the flowers. I used the sketch feature of the silhouette and a silver gel pen to write the words wedding day wishes, drew an oval around it added a serated edge and cut with the silhouette and glues that onto the heart.

Thank you for looking
Love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment