Wednesday 20 June 2012

3d wedding card

I found this template in the free section at http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=200 I had seen pictures of it posted here and there so when i found the file listed by Tina Fitch as a free one i grabbed it and ran!!

I love the challenge of 3d projects which quite surprised me as I have always been 'just' a card maker..
and although I have no weddings or anniversaries coming up in the next month or 2 i decided to make this to see how difficult it would be to make....


I cut it using 2 different weight cards...the pink card is 210gsm as i wanted a sturdy base and the bride and groom have to stand tall...the cream card i needed to be very flexible to be able to curve and so i used a lighter weight 120gsm ..

The box at the bottom gave me the most trouble as the lid didnt want to fit and so had a little cajolling and it fitted to a fashion...the rest was so easy that it wasnt a challenge at all...

The biggest challenge to this design was what to do with it now ive made it? at the moment it is on the shelf with my other bits and bobs. I like this template and now know should i ever need a wedding card this is very easy to do but looks stunning!! Now to make a box for it!!

Thank you for looking
love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment