Sunday 10 June 2012

Fathers day cards

So next sunday is fathers day and so i have been busy making cards for the men in my life!!
Firstly here is the card i made for my own dad......


Tina has a cd with all scalloped letters and numbers and i liked what you could do with them but i couldnt afford the cd so i made my own scalloped letter d .. looking around at some tutorials on the web and youtube i realised the scallop would be best made out of the letter U so i got one from arial type and resized it to the size i needed then i replicated some and placed them around the d continuing to replicate and place until i was satisfied that i would be happy...i then grouped and welded and voila i came up with my scalloped d not the best but i was happy with it...

I used arial to write the words and i welded them together...to get the layers was a simple case of using the offset and then using it again and again until i had enough layers to satisfy me...I did the same with the heart which came from the sil library...
to finish the card i stuck on some bling....

1 comment:

  1. I have tried in vain to replicate Tina Fitch's lovely lacey Alphabet, using zero and O but looked awful. I wanted to make a fancy B. Will now give it a go with arial U. I love your pattern. Kay in OZ

    ReplyDelete