Monday 17 December 2012

Shadow box

I bought a few shadow boxes from the silhouette store when they were first posted but never really got around to using them....as a crafter YOU know exactly what I mean when I say I needed them' but didnt know why just that they would come in handy one day. Lol.

Well...I found a very good use for them,. and its all to do with my daughter,.again! She can be a cheeky little madam at times and said to me 'Im expecting a fabulous card from you for christmas Mum, and NOT the common all garden one that you are giving the neighbours. I want a special one off for me' as I said she can be cheeky!! But she got me thinking.....and as its her 30th birthday on Boxing Day I wanted to make something a little out of the ordinary for her.....Thats where the 5x7 shadow box from Lori Whitlock came in...

Heres her Birthday card.........




I used a green A3 card 230gsm to make the frame. I laid a mat of green squared card from Payperbox
for the background. I found the handbags in my stash and the paper flowers were from Hobbycraft. The leaves were from the silhouette store and I have used them so many times that I have a box full waiting to be used!! The mirror shape and photo were done in craft artist 2. The decorative tape around the box was from Hobbycraft and its their cheaper version of Washi Tape that costs about half the price of the real thing but I got this one in the sale for 99p!!

Then I decided I liked this so much that I thought I would also make her one for christmas....




The papers and flowers were from the same source as the birthday card except the red roses, they were from the ones left over after making my latest wreath!!
The stamp was a digi stamp I downloaded from the internet and coloured using my promarkers.

I just hope she thinks they are special !!

Thank you for looking
Love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment