Sunday 6 January 2013

Oriental Card

The January Challenge for the Silhouette Plus Forum this month was a colour Palette. Myoriah chose a photograph of a burgundy, green blue and gold rug. That was the inspiration this month and you could use one or more of the colours.

Well for christmas this year I recieved a kit by Debbi Moore for enamelling for cardmaking,. I have been wanting to experiment with this since I opened it!! The following card enabled me to play whilst using Myoriahs colour Palette...


The black tile is actually a  piece of white card, that I put the enamel powder onto and heated,. I did that 3 times to make a thick layer and whilst it was still hot I inked up a stamp that came in the kit with a white ink and pushed it into the hot enamel. I left it to cool for a minute or so then pulled it out . A quick tidy up of the edges with my scissors and the piece of white card was no more...

The background paper, frames,girl and flowers were all done in Craft Artist 2 I made sure I put shadows to make it look 3d even though it is just a flat card! I love that you can get this effect for your cards without the bulkiness of real card when the postage rates are going up all the time.

Thank you for looking
Love Debby xx

1 comment:

  1. Debby, such a sweet card. Love your choice of colors and the little 3D flowers! Hugs

    ReplyDelete