Saturday 11 May 2013

Decoupatch box

I went to the new craft shop in town yesterday and they had a great array of chipboard bixes and shapes and I found a largish box that I liked and it was only 99p so cheap as chips! I took it home with the vague idea that I could do something 'artyish' with it and so the super sparkly girly box was created!

Firstly I found some home made 'gold' glimmer mist and sprayed the bottom of the box., although in this picture it looks more orangey than in real terms.


I then had to decide what to do with the top,. I had no decoupatch glue and very little papers, the decoupatch papers that I had were red and I decided not suitable for this project,. then I remembered the christmas napkins I had leftover from last christmas stuck in a drawer....Luckily they were 3 ply and so I set to work...Firstly I made myself some glue, by slightly watering down some PVA glue, to a runnier consistency and left it to settle whilst I prepared my napkin.
As it was a 3 ply napkin it needed separating out so that I removed the layers and was left with just the top layer with the pattern on. I then had such fun ripping it up into small pieces!

First you spread the glue over your surface (not too much surface at once cause the glue dries quickly!) then you lay a piece of tissue and then glue ontop of the tissue you have just laid...a very quick and easy craft! but quite relaxing and you can make your own design!

I left that to dry during the day and then decided it really wasnt blingy enough for me and I thought of using glitter spray on but thought it might not work, when hubby said why not try the glitter glaze you have?? Great idea! so on went the glitter glaze which means the glitter is encapsulated and wont shed everywhere and 2 it will give the lid a little protection!


I made a few tattered roses and added them to the lid with a bow and a very super blingy girly box

Thank you for looking
Love debby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment