Monday 26 August 2013

My Daughter

I made a frame for my daughter for christmas last year and she loves it, and so when I was asked as part of the DT to do something using the sketch feature I rather liked the idea of trying to replicate this frame completely in Silhouette studio, because last time I used craft artist platinum to make the background and only used the sketch in silhouette to write the verse. So having never tried to make a photograph transluscent in the silhouette software, I was astounded at how easy it was!!

Heres the finished frame.....


 
This is the photo that I started with before I took it to silhouette studio software.................
 


As it was a jpeg and I have designer edition of the software it went straight onto my mat. I then drew a rectangle onto the mat the size I wanted the finished frame and stretched the photo to fit. I then opened the fill window...



 
 
 
 
When you open this window, down on the bottom right there is an Advanced Option. I clicked on this and opened the next window
 

There is a transluscent button at the bottom and I slid it up to 80% so that there was just a shadow of the photo for my background,..you can play with this slide until you reach a transparency that you are happy with. I then printed this out.

I  chose a verse to write over the background.



 
When you are doing a verse it is nice on the eye to have the words centred and this is easy to do in silhouette software, by going to the centre button then clicking on all on your work space, go to the Align Centre button and it will do it all for you.
 
I chose to do this on the silhouette using the sketch feature, this way I get to choose what colour pen I would like to use and as silhouette have a range of metallic pens I have a great choice. In this instant though I chose to make the frame monochromatic....
 
I hope this is easy for you to follow
Thank you for looking
 
Love debby xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment